I know it says a lot about me, but I can't think of the phrase 'chocolate balls' without thinking of Chef from South Park. Sad but true.
Anyway this is a family friendly blog, and a recipe that is perfect for the kids to help out with. In fact I was first introduced to this recipe when I was in Grade Prep myself! Our teacher gave us all handwritten photocopies (or maybe it was carbon paper copies even) of it and I still love making them.
1 tin condensed milk
3 tablespoons of cocoa
- Break up the Weetbix. My kids love crunching them up with their hands. I prefer the food processor ;) You can have them as fine or as chucky as suits you.
- Mix through the entire tin of condensed milk. Except the bits you lick off the spatula. Yum!
- Add the cocoa and a handful or so of sultanas if you are including them. Also pop in half a cup of dessicated coconut and get the kids to mix and mix and mix. It's a very thick mixture!
- When it is completely combined pop the mix in the fridge for half an hour or so. Try not to eat it.
- After the mixture has chilled get the kids to wash their hands, then roll into balls about the size of a golf ball, then roll these in some extra coconut. This is messy messy and great fun!
Voila! Try not to eat them all at once!!