I have a few titles sitting in my Blogger dashboard waiting for inspiration to strike. As my schedule for the week has been thrown out of whack for a few reasons, I thought I'd best see if any of them grab me today.
The thing is, some are quite sensible and will be easy to write about. Family stuff, baby stuff, stuff stuff. Others were clearly chucked in and saved during a delirious midnight feed or something. Like the one I'm writing now. Which began as "The one where I am Harry Potter."
The thing is, I'm pretty sure I'm not actually Harry Potter. I do LOVE Harry Potter, both the books and the movies. I'm looking forward to the release of the final movie very soon. But that does not make me him. And I can't quite remember why I thought I might be.
Here are some reasons that I am not Harry Potter.
* I am not a male. Srsly.
* Whilst my big girl has a scar on her forehead (big brother running in the house, she was behind a closed door, you do the math) I do not.
* My Dad is very tall and often beardy. But he's not Hagrid. And Hagrid isn't Harry's Dad anyway.
* I'm just a teeeeeensy bit older than Harry. Not much, but a bit.
* Sadly my superpowers begin and end with growing and feeding babies with my body. Which is pretty damned impressive, granted. But it won't save the world from Voldemort. I don't think.
* Finally, the gorgeous Kellie over at The Good, The Bad & The Unnecessary doesn't like Harry Potter ;p
So seeing as I'm not Harry Potter, maybe you are? Let me know if so, could use a patronus most nights to ward off toddler meltdowns. If they can take on Dementors then surely sleepless small people are a walk in the park.