1. When I am dying of death (ie bedridden and sulking due to back pain) he happily entertains four kids and keeps them away from my whinging as much as possible. I'm so used to juggling them myself I sometimes forget he is a competent parent as well.
2. He is really good at outdoorsy stuff and there is loads of it at our new place. He has been blower-ing and mowing and doing stuffy stuff all of the time. Stuff is good. Especially when I'm an indoorsy type of creature.
3. He respects that I am a cold fish even though he runs hot himself, and was happy for us to go and order a wood heater today. It is colder where we have moved to. I DO NOT LIKE the cold. It lingers in my bones and turns me into a huge sooky la la. Possibly that is why he was happy to do this. Don't know, don't care, will be warm by the fire this Winter.
4. He puts up with my freaky la la ideals. Not only that, he embraces them. Ever met a homebirth advocating, full-term breastfeeding supporting, co-sleeping embracing Supertrucker before? No? Your loss.
5. He's about to undergo that one that means no more babies. Which ultimately he will benefit from just as much as I will. But I'm grateful because the woman version would be a pain in the arse (well, not literally) to figure out around all these kids logistically. Plus I'm the one who got to push them all out so comparatively he's getting off easily.
Why is your partner not useless?