It's really easy to be hard on yourself when you're feeling low. I've been beating myself up about my parenting, my motivation, my future... none of which define who I am. And of course thinking about them doesn't actually change anything anyway.
I know I'm not the only one feeling like this at the moment.
So today, I've decided to talk about how awesome I am. I've had an idea and I hope some of you might like to join in too.
The idea here is to push modesty aside and talk about three things that are awesome about you without fear or guilt or any sense of self promotion - just an honest account of why you rock.
And then you get to choose three other people, state why YOU think they are awesome and tag them so they know about it. Hopefully they then might want to join in as well!
I am awesome because:
- I am optimistic. Even when I am feeling low I'm always looking for the silver lining. I believe in the power of positive thought and I make amazing things happen as a result.
- I am determined. When I want something to happen I make it happen. I see opportunities and I run with them. I don't give up easily and I am loyal.
- I am grateful. I practice gratitude daily and it shapes my life every single day. I am appreciative and I say so. I take care to notice the little things as well as the big and give thanks for them equally. I am lucky, and I am thankful.
- I'm tagging Becky from Becky and James. She is a warm hearted, caring and loving woman. She always has lovely things to say about everyone and is friendly and generous. She is too hard on herself, and I hope this exercise might help her recognize some of the beautiful aspects of herself that we all see.
- Zoey from Good Googs. Zoey is one of those people that you know online but wish you could spend time with in your real life too. She is creative, clever and thoughtful. She is brave enough to speak her mind honestly and respectfully, I have so much admiration for that. I just think she is awesomesauce.
- Kelley over at Magneto Bold Too. Kelley is the ballsiest blogger you'll ever read, but under the tough template beats a heart of gold. She has loads going on in her own life, but still finds time to make sure others know she cares about them. She is so giving of herself and I am grateful that she is my friend (because she'd be a terrifying enemy. Heh. ;p). Love her longtime.
So your turn. If you're already linking up a thankful Thursday post consider sharing your own awesomeness and paying it forward during the week! And make sure to come back and tell me when you do so I can