We're in that odd space of time where the holidays are effectively over but the new school year hasn't quite started.
Those moments where last minute preparation is in overdrive and tempers are short.
I am excited, and tired, and relieved and a bit sad. I have a huge knot in my stomach about my Little Mate starting kinder next week... His orientation session is tomorrow. It has been like a shadow following me through the holidays just nudging me now and again, and now it has caught up.
My big kids are looking forward to going back to school. I am too although I will miss their company. We have had the laziest, loveliest Summer I can remember and while I'll have a fight on my hands getting us all back into early-to-bed early-to-rise routines it is worth it for the slow snuggly starts we've enjoyed.
So rather than spend more time worrying, I'm going to think about the moments of the Summer holidays that I will remember best:
- Christmas celebrations with our families.
- Seeing in 2013 with my sister, bro-in-law and gorgeous baby nephew.
- Girl days with my beautiful daughter.
- Hanging out with my marvellous big boy.
- Sitting in the blow up pool with all the kids at the end of a hot day.
- Barbecues galore with people that we love.
- Kicking back and chatting with the Supertrucker while the kids play in the fading light at days end.
- Seeing more clearly the individual relationships between my children, such a blessing.
- Camping out at home, loads of fun!
- Pyjama days, cuddles on the couch and not needing to be anywhere... Blissful.
What has been your stand out moment for Summer 12-13?